Since his highly successful debut album “Elbow Room” SCCD 31580 – “… a top-flight maiden voyage for Gardner .” (Terrell Kent Holmes – AAJ) in 2006 trombonist/composer/arranger Vincent Gardner has been pursuing to compile series of theme albums based on great compositions from the past. This third chapter, a book of Bebop showcases again Vincent’s unique talent as arranger and his musicality to reflect that exciting era of jazz’s history 70 years ago.
“ a unique flavor, a quality that pretty much permeates the entire disc. This, of course, elevates the recital beyond your typical tribute album and bodes well for Gardner's further development as an individualist with something important to say .” (C. Andrew Hovan – AAJ on The Good Book Chapter One SCCD 31616)
Previous release by Vincent Gardner “……..” has recently been nominated for the Indipendent Music Award of 2012.
1. Double Talk (Tadd Dameron)
2. Another Hair-do (Charlie Parker)
3. I Waited For You (Gil Fuller)
4. Compulsion (Miles Davis)
5. One Bass Hit (Ray Brown)
6. Darn That Dream (Jimmy Van Heusen)
7. Dizzy Atmosphere (Dizzy Gillespie)
8. Charlie's Wig (Charlie Parker)
9. There'll Never Be Another You (Harry Warren)
10. Sid's Ahead (Tadd Dameron)