Denmark’s leading instrumentalists in the classical field, Toke Lund Christiansen (flute) and Elisabeth Westenholz (piano) have been performing together for a number of years. One of their favourite repertoires is German-born Danish composer Kuhlau’s works for flute and piano, which the duo has been recording for Kontrapunkt. This is a sequel to the highly acclaimed first volume of Variations & Divertimenti (Kontrapunkt 32237) featuring works from Kuhlau’s later years.
Toke Lund Christiansen has been the principal flutist in The Danish National Radio Symphony Orchestra and teaches at the Royal Academy of Music in Copenhagen.
Elisabeth Westenholz is one of the most sought after concert pianists in Europe and her numerous recorded performances on Kontrapunkt have been received enthusiastically by critics and public alike.
1. Introduction and Variations Op. 101 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
2. Introduction and Rondo Op. 98a (Friedrich Kuhlau)
3. Six Divertissements Op.68 No. 1 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
4. Trois Fantasies Op.95 No. 3 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
5. Six Divertissements Op.68 No. 3 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
6. Variations Op. 99 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
7. Trois Fantasies Op.95 No.1 (Friedrich Kuhlau)
8. Trois Fantasies Op.95 No. 2 (Friedrich Kuhlau)