India and Indian music have intrigued Pierre Dørge ever since his teenage. Here on his latest album Dørge compiles his impressions of several trips there and the result of his recent field studies.
Donald Elfman of AAJ once remarked, “ Pierre Dørge has what seems like a magical ability – he can re-imagine and rethink the way that music is voiced thus creating entire new worlds out of worlds we think we know .”
His magical ability is at full throttle here on this extraordinary musical depiction of a fascinating country.
1. In The Tiger Cave (Pierre Dørge)
2. Papanasam Mood (Pierre Dørge)
3. Swaralaya (Shashank Subramanyam)
4. Elephants On The Road (Pierre Dørge)
5. Dawn By The Sea (Pierre Dørge)
6. Indian Night Sky (Irene Becker)
7. Mumbai Nights (Pierre Dørge)
8. Afternoon In Delhi (Pierre Dørge)
9. Another Raga (Pierre Dørge)
10. Trivandrum Express (Pierre Dørge)