Chuck Berg of JazzTimes remarked several years ago, “SteepleChase producer Nils Winther apparently liked what he heard when first checking out George Colligan because he gave the pianist a chance to cultivate his original voice as a vital SteepleChase artist. …..Colligan shows signs of becoming one of the best pianists and composers of his generation.” Colligan indeed became “one of the brightest and most articulate new pianists on today’s scene”.
With this 2011 album George begins a new collaboration with the label where he made his debut album “Activism” (SCCD 31382) 15 years ago.
1. It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing (Duke Ellington)
2. Water Babies (Wayne Shorter)
3. Living For The City (Stevie Wonder)
4. Close To You (Burt Bacharach)
5. I Can't Make You Love Me (Mike Reid/Allen Shamblin)
6. Keep Me Hanging On (Holland/Dozier/Holland)
7. Along Came Betty (Benny Golson)
8. Cold Duck Time (Eddie Harris)
9. The Girl From Ipanema (Antonio Carlos Jobim)