Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Piano Concertos Nos. 23 & 24
Homero Francesch piano
Orchestre Philharmonique de Nice
Klaus Weise conductor
1. Concerto No. 23 A Major (KV 488)
2. Concerto No. 24 C Minor (KV 382)
3. Rondo D Major (KV 491)
total playing time: 66:40
recorded “live” at Opera de Nice 1991
Pianist Homero Francesch (b. 1947 in Montevideo, Uruguay) is best known for his numerous recordings for Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft for which he was awarded the Deutscher Schallplattenpreis of 1978.
In 1991 Francesch performed all of Mozart’s sonatas in several recitals and recorded them for Kontrapunkt (KPT 32092/96). In the same year he also performed and recorded all 27 piano concertos with Orchestre Philharmonic de Nice for Kontrapunkt.
1. Concerto No. 23 Kv.488: Allegro – Adagio – Allegro assai (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
2. Rondo D Major Kv.382 (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)
3. Concerto No. 24 Kv.491: Allegro – Larghetto – Allegretto (Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart)