SCCD 31027When Destiny Calls / Billy Gault Septet
The Music Of Billy Gault
Pianist/composer Billy Gault’s first SteepleChase recording is a collection of his own compositions characterized as hard bop with religious overtones.
Gault was born in New York in 1941 and studied music at Bennett Highschool and Buffalo University. He played in the Art Blakey’s Jazz Messengers and since the 70s he has been playing with Jackie McLean.
1. The time of this world is at hand (Billy Gault)
2. Aisha (Billy Gault)
3. Mode for Trane (Billy Gault)
4. When destiny calls (Billy Gault)
5. Portrait of Joanna (Billy Gault)
6. Nothing but a man (Billy Gault)