Peter Zak has admired and studied McCoy Tyner’s music for many years.
On his fifth album he realizes his dream project of interpreting his idol.
On his previous release “My Conception” (SCCD 31641), allaboutjazz ’s
Terrell Kent Holms wrote, “ Zak plays with richness and fluidity, artfully blending the many colors on his palette to create bright landscapes. Zak plays with a confidence born of his undeniable skill. …Zak always makes the right choices, and audiences will continue to reap the benefits of hearing this wonderfully talented piano ma n.”
1. Blues On The Corner (McCoy Tyner)
2. Three Flowers (McCoy Tyner)
3. The Man From Tanganyika (McCoy Tyner)
4. Sunset (McCoy Tyner)
5. May Street (McCoy Tyner)
6. Ballad For Aisha (McCoy Tyner)
7. The Camel (Peter Zak)
8. All My Yesterdays (McCoy Tyner)
9. Peresina (McCoy Tyner)