Franz Syberg: Chamber Music Vol. 2
Søren Elbæk violin
Piotr Zelazny viola
Troels Svane Hermansen cello
Morten Mogensen piano
Toke Lund Christiansen flute
Ebbe Monrad Møller oboe
1. ALLEGRO SONATISSIMO (1926)
for violin and piano
2. SCHERZANDO (1934)
for flute, oboe, piano and cello
STRING TRIO (1934) for violin, viola and cello
3. Allegro moderato
4. Molto allegro. Scherzando
5. Allegro moderato
total playing time 54:31
world premier recording!
Franz Syberg (1904-1955)’s hitherto unknown material are still being discovered and even the known material are dispersed in the public music library or private collections. But it may not be so surprising for a composer who died at the age of only 51 and whose house was completely destroyed in a devastating fire prior to his death that the archive of his compositions is yet to be organised.
This second volume of chamber works includes newly found String Trio , Syberg’s most popular work whose score has been lost since his death.
1. Allegro Sonatissimo (Franz Syberg)
2. Scherzando (Franz Syberg)
3. String Trio for Violin, Viola & Cello: Allegro moderato (Franz Syberg)
4. String Trio for Violin, Viola & Cello: Molto allegro, Scherzando (Franz Syberg)
5. String Trio for Violin, Viola & Cello: Allegro moderato (Franz Syberg)