SCCD 31331 To Start Again / Rich Perry Quartet
Tenor Saxophonist Rich Perry is one of the most exciting new artists on the scene today. Rich joined The Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Big Band shortly after he moved to New York from his hometown Cleveland, Ohio in 1976 and has been an active part of the big Apple’s jazz scene since.
This is Rich’s first leader album and the quartet here is his regular group over two years.
“ … Perry comes forward as an powerful, eloquent and mature soloist with a wonderfully warm tone …” (Århus Stiftstidende)
“ Tenor saxophonist Rich Perry is an impassioned yet cerebral wailer whose lithe lines unforld with engaging twists ….” (JazzTimes)
1. Three and one (Thad Jones)
2. Candlelight shadows (Harold Danko)
3. Retrato em branco e prêto (Antonio Carlos Jobim)
4. Aria (Steve Lampert)
5. My lament (Maria Schneider)
6. Mean what you say (Thad Jones)
7. To start again (Harold Danko)
8. Algae (Rich Perry)