SCCD 31592 Peter Zak Trio "For Tomorrow"
Terrell Kent Holmes of allaboutJazz commented on Zak's CD debut (SCCD 31578 The Peter Zak Trio) last year, "Pianist Peter Zak is something of an unknown quantity to New Yorkers, but on his SteepleChase debut, he makes a considerable first impression. On this disc, which is comprised mostly of originals, he displays a style, which, although clearly touched by his major influences, remains vibrant and singular. During a great gig last month at Smoke, Zak showcased several of the tunes (and one that isn't on the disc, a burner with the hilarious title "The Cream or the Clear," which hopefully will be on a future release)."
Yes, the title in question is in fact on this his second release For Tomorrow which portrays a mature artist with confidence, authority and brilliance.
1. The Cream Or The Clear (Peter Zak )
2. Plaza De Toros (Larry Young )
3. Day By Day (Sammy Cahn/Axel Stordahl/Paul Weston)
4. You Know I Care (Duke Pearson )
5. Strictly Confidential (Bud Powell )
6. Actual Proof (Herbie Hancock)
7. I See Your Face Before Me (Dietz/Schwartz)
8. For Tomorrow (McCoy Tyner)
9. Bran Flake (Peter Zak)
10. This Is For Albert (Wayne Shorter)
11. Wee See (Thelonious Monk)