SCCD 31344 If We May / Paul Bley Trio
It has been 40 years since Paul Bley cut his first album and he has been one of the most original exponents of jazz piano during these years.
Though most of the titles here have been recorded by Bley before, every Paul Bley fan knows and expects that everything he touches turns out a totally new creation. Bley’s trademark unpredictability makes the interaction between the leader and the rhythm section immensely exciting.
1. Long ago and far away (Jerome Kern)
2. Don't explain (Billie Holiday)
3. If we may (Paul Bley)
4. Indian summer (Herbert/Dubin)
5. All the things you are (Jerome Kern)
6. Goodbye (Gordon Jenkins)
7. Confirmation (Charlie Parker)