Leif Segerstam: Concertino-Fantasia
Piano Concerto No. 1
Orchestral Diary Sheet No. 34
ORF Symphony Orchestra
Hannele Segerstam violin
Rainer Keuschnig piano
Lief Segerstam conductor
1. CONCERTINO-FANTASIA (1977)
for violin, piano and orchestra
2. CONCERTO FOR PIANO AND ORCHESTRA No. 1 (1977)
3. ORCHESTRAL DIARY SHEET No. 34 (1977-78)
(from Symphony In Slow Movements)
total playing time: 62:49
Finnish conductor Leif Segerstam who is celebrating his 50th birthday on March 2, 1994 has been a prolific composer as well. This “birthday” CD concentrates on his compositional vintage 1977.
The three orchestral works here bear the unmistakable Segerstam characteristics of freedom from the restrictive formal system, which he calls “free pulsative style”.
Segerstam’s wife Hannel who is the leader of the Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestra plays violin solo on the Concertino-Fantasia.
Soloist on the Piano Concerto, Rainer Keusching is the pianist of the Wiener Philharmoniker who also performs regularly with Berliner Philharmoniker, Wiener Symphonics, Chamber Orchestra of Europe just to name a few.
1. Concertino Fantasia (Leif Segerstam)
2. Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No. 1 (Leif Segerstam)
3. Orchestral Diary Sheet No.34 (Leif Segerstam)