The crystal clear beauty of the sound of Riza Hequibal’s harp was first heard on a few tracks of Printup’s 2007 album “Bird of Paradise” (SCCD 31626). On this new album Hequibal enhances Printup’s lyrical performances through out as an essential member of his trio.
Incidentally Riza and Marcus were married several months after the recording of this aptly titled album A Time For Love .
Ken Dryden of All.About.Jazz-NY described Printup “ as an open-minded player who gives his all in any setting, whether playing standards or time-tested jazz compositions or new music given to him on a record date. ”
1. Blue Bossa (Kenny Dorham)
2. Besame Mucho (Carlos Velazquez)
3. I Remember Clifford (Benny Golson)
4. A Time For Love (Johnny Mandel)
5. Bewitched, Bothered And Bewildered (Richard Rodgers)
6. Song For My Father (Horace Silver)
7. Maiden Voyage (Herbie Hancock)
8. Dahil Sa'yo (Traditional)
9. It Might As Well Be Spring (Richard Rodgers)