SCCD 36027 Nu! / Hugh Steinmetz Sextet
Trumpeter Hugh Steinmetz was one of the central figures of the legendary Contemporary Jazz Quartet/Quintet, whose SteepleChase CD reissue of long out of print DEBUT album which was widely welcomed “ Stunning stuff ” (Barry Witherden /JazzReview).
The album title “Nu!” means “Now!” and this “Now” is in the middle of the 1960s when the European jazz scene was deeply into the new wave jazz. Hugh Steinmetz was awarded “Danish Jazz musician of the year” in 1966, when he cut this his debut leader album.
Half of the material of this CD is 1966 recording of “Nu” and the rest is from Steinmetz’s private recordings from the same year which has never been issued before.
1. Nisshimbo (Hugh Steinmetz)
2. Peters fødselsdag (Niels Harrit)
3. Stress-it (Per Aage Brandt)
4. NGO (Karsten Vogel)
5. One for Carl (Niels Harrit)
6. Pigen Prosa (Karsten Vogel)
7. Skæv dans på hårde ringe (Per Aage Brandt)
8. Nisshimbo (Hugh Steinmetz)
9. Stress-it (Per Aage Brandt)
10. NGO (Karsten Vogel)
11. One for Carl (Niels Harrit)
12. Pigen Prosa (Karsten Vogel)
13. Skæv dans på hårde ringe (Per Aage Brandt)