SCCD 31012 Arrival / Horace Parlan Trio/Quintet
Horace Parlan (b. Pittsburgh Jan. 19, 1931) being one of the last American jazz musicians of his generation to settle in Europe has been the resident of Denmark since 1972.
He had been best known for his association with Charles Mingus’s Jazz Workshop before his successful duo recordings with Archie Shepp (SCCD 31079 & 31139) with whom he has been touring major cities in Europe and USA.
This is Horace’s first recording for SteepleChase for which he chose his working group to back him up marking his arrival in Europe.
1. Arrival (Horace Parlan)
2. For heaven's sake (Meyer/Brown/Edwards)
3. Norma (Milt Jackson)
4. New start (Horace Parlan)
5. Saucer eyes (Idrees Sulieman)
6. Polkadots and moonbeams (Randy Weston)
7. Waltz no.1 (Jimmy Van Heusen)
8. Back from the gig (Horace Parlan)
9. Bag's groove (Milt Jackson)
10. Just keep a-walkin' (Bobby Jones)