SCCD 31485 Twins / George Colligan & Jesper Bodilsen
“ Somebody find this guy a high profile gig !” was how Willard Jenkins set out to review Colligan’s earlier release “Stomping Ground “ (SCCD 31441) in the December issue of JazzTimes.
George Colligan is undoubtedly one of the most exciting pianists on the scene today. And the high profile gigs are pouring in. One of those gigs took him to Copenhagen early this year giving SteepleChase a chance to team him up with one of the best Danish bassists of the younger generation Jesper Bodilsen. The meeting of two hugely talented musicians produced an electrifying album. A new DUO was born!
1. Twins (George Colligan)
2. Nobody else but me (Jerome Kern)
3. Behind the door (Raoul Soot/Oskar Ling)
4. Wrap your troubles in dreams (Ted Koehler)
5. Consolation (Kenny Wheeler)
6. Scandinavian rhythm (George Colligan)
7. Heavens of a hundred days (John Stetch)
8. So tender (Keith Jarrett)
9. Arioso (James Williams)