SCCD 36001 At The Golden Circle Vol. 1 / Bud Powell Trio
This is the first release of SteepleChase 36000 series which distinguishes itself from the 31000 series as it concentrates on releasing the old recordings we acquired to document the great moments of jazz history. The recording sources are varied: radio shows, live concerts, private recordings, etc. Although most of the releases from this series can be described as historical recordings, we made it a point to obtain legal clearance from the artists or their estates for each and every release and to improve the sound quality when technically possible.
This poignant recording (private – by the club owner) from Stockholms’s famous Gyllene Cirkeln (Golden Circle) jazz club finds Bud in an increasingly rare period of clarity and stability.
“.. .A unique voice…irreplicable ..” (Compact)
1. Swedish pastry (Barney Kessel)
2. There'll never be another you (Harry Warren)
3. Move (Denzil Best)
4. Just a gigolo (Caesar/Casucci)
5. Relaxin' at Camarillo (Charlie Parker)
6. I remember Clifford (Benny Golson)
7. Reets and I (Benny Harris)