SCCD 31076 Frank-ly Speaking / Horace Parlan Quintet
Pianist Horace Parlan flew to New York (he has been a resident of Denmark since 1972) to record this his third album for SteepleChase. The band which Horace put together with his favourite musicians had played the night before the recording at Rigmor’s Storyville Club in Manhattan.
Horace’s “home coming” session turned out to be “.. .an upbeat, positive and exuberant occasion ..” (Jazz Journal).
And Mike Hennessey of Jazz Journal wrote, “… Parlan has never sounded better and both saxophonists acquit themselves well … Highly recommended .”
1. Frank-ly speaking (Horace Parlan)
2. Quietude (Thad Jones)
3. Hit it (Lisle Atkinson)
4. Mirror lake (Idrees Sulieman)
5. Chocolate Cadillac (Idrees Sulieman)
6. Misty Thursday (Duke Jordan)
7. U.A.I. (Idrees Sulieman)
8. Veronica's walk (Tony Inzalaco)