SCCD 31392 The Feeling Of Jazz / Harold Danko Quartet
Here's an intriguing re-make of one of the most surprising jazz releases of the 1960s: "Duke Ellington And John Coltrane" (Impulse).
Harold Danko and his group was invited to give concerts in the theme of "Beyond Category: The Musical Genius of Duke Ellington" for the American Library Association and the Smithsonian Institution last year. The result is this superbly realised and genuine jazz research (Mark Gardner).
1. In a sentimental mood (Duke Ellington)
2. Take the Coltrane (Duke Ellington)
3. Big Nick (John Coltrane)
4. Stevie (Duke Ellington)
5. My little brown book (Billy Strayhorn)
6. Angelica (Duke Ellington)
7. The feeling of jazz (Duke Ellington)