The collaboration between Duke Jordan and SteepleChase in the 70s represents a major body of Duke Jordan’s creative output both as performing artist and as composer.
Duke led his regular trio with Wilbur Little and Dannie Richmond during the extensive Scandinavian tour in the autumn of 1978. This release is from the concert at the Art Museum at Hovikodden, Norway, filled with Duke Jordan’s melodic magic.
1. Jealous blues (Duke Jordan)
2. Undecided lady (Duke Jordan)
3. If I did – would you? (Duke Jordan)
4. The bullet (Shinkansen) (Duke Jordan)
5. I should care (Jimmy Van Heusen)
6. I'll remember April/Flight to Japan (DePaul/Raye, Duke Jordan)
7. Ornithology (Charlie Parker)
8. Dancer's call (Duke Jordan)
9. Misty (Errol Garner)
10. On Green Dolphin Street (Bronislav Kaper)
11. My heart skips a beat (Duke Jordan)
12. A night in Tunisia (Dizzy Gillespie)